My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 27, 2010

The Longest Championship Game

The 1971 AFC Divisional Playoff Game between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Miami Dolphins, played on Christmas day, didn’t end until halfway through a second overtime period. The marathon game lasted eighty-two minutes and forty seconds.

That is nothing!

Nothing compared to this Christmas Championship Weekend in Fantasy Football !!!

This championship weekend is going to last 5 days!

Thanks to a classic Nor'Easter snow storm / blizzard and the postponement the Sunday Night Football game to Tuesday.

It started last Thursday evening with Pittsburgh Steelers and is not scheduled to end until this Tuesday with the Philadelphia Eagles.

As of this point in time, I am 31 points behind. Tonight’s Monday Night Football game between the Atlanta Falcons and New Orleans Saints will help decide my fate in this championship game. I still have Matt Ryan, Michael Turner and DeSean Jackson yet to play. He has David Akers.

It would be a lot closer, and I would feel a lot more confident in my comeback potential, if I had not kept the Dallas D in there instead of the Ravens. How they could absolutely clean up on the Skins for 18 points last week and totally #@!$ this week against an equally bad and sack / turnover prone team is beyond me.

I know I am not alone in this extended suspense filled championship game lasting so long. There are lots of other leagues and teams having their championship this week.

But this is the only one I really care about and I wish my opponent would just get it over and forfeit now ;-).

Seriously though, this has been a really wild and crazy and exciting fantasy football year and having the championship come down to the wire like this is why we all love this so much.

I wouldn’t have it any other way.

2 comments:

Dave Miller December 29, 2010 at 12:14 PM  

I was out early in the playoffs as the gates injury and some sub par rb issues really hurt, but as I was watching the tuesday game, I was thinking about this very subject.

In your league, is there any reward for winning the league, or are you just in the playoffs?

And what platform are you using in your league... we are looking for some new bells and whistles... we use ESPN..

Doug December 29, 2010 at 1:51 PM  

Dave,

Both my Borderless League ($$) and League of Experts (free) are on ESPN. I have found it to be one of the easiest to access and play and they have really pretty good features if you want them.

Unfortunately I have yet to find an online site which does everything the way our borderless league is set up.

So this is what I end up doing.

I keep a spreadsheet of running totals and results and have it available on Google Docs for my Borderless league. A summary page rolls everything up so it is easy to see who has won or lost money and how much.

Basically we have the following:
A $10 entry fee which goes straight to the championship pool.
Adds and drops are $1 each.
Trades are $4.
If you win your game you get $2.
which also means if you loose you owe $2.

Each week we have a Top Dawg Award for high score.

I add 1/2 of each weeks adds, drops and trade fees to the weekly pool.
The other 1/2 goes into the championship pool.

Top 3 teams from each division (East and West) make it into the playoffs and division winners get 1st round bye.

I keep track of who wins top dawg and how many times. Basically you get a share of the top dawg pool at the end of the season for each time you get high score.

At the end of the season we all basically pay up (if we owe) and the winnings get handed out to the winners.

Each team can keep one player if we want to from year to year and draft order is reverse order of final standings.

Some of the other sites I have or know of others playing are of course yahoo and CBS but also Realtime Sports, MyFantasyLeague and Homegrown Sports are quite highly rated and popular.

I know I rambled but hey, I really love this stuff, and you did ask ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP