My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

6 and 10

How important is one game?

The Redskins finished 6 – 10. So did the Vikings and the Lions. Because of obscure tie breaker rules, we have the 10th pick in the first round for 2011 draft.

Once we were eliminated from the playoffs, and Grossman became the starter, folks were basically saying two things. (no, not that! – this is a PG rated blog)

First:

"We’re playing for draft position"

Or

Second:
"We’re playing for pride and spots on the team next year"


The first implies that we want to lose in order to get a better draft pick.
The second implies that somebody wants to be here next year and contribute.

Usually I hate folks who say the first statement. Because that usually also means quitters. And personally, I hate quitters.

But when looking at the draft order and team records; and I see that one game meant moving from the number 10 spot to 6. Or in the case of the Vikings and the Lions: from 12 or 13 to 6. Does losing one game become worth it? Is pride and position still more important?

A top 5 or 6 spot in the draft is pretty important and valuable.
Perhaps good enough to get yourself “the player” or, more importantly for the Skins (IMHO) to trade down for a couple extra picks and still get good and much needed position player(s).

It will definitely be an interesting offseason and draft.

What do you think?

1 comments:

That Damn Sam January 5, 2011 at 10:00 AM  

Funny enough, this was the topic of conversation I had with a buddy of mine. I've never had such mixed emotions about a win in my life than the Vikings' Week 16 upset over the Eagles. It was such a pleasant surprise to see the Vikings (finally) play so well, but I kept thinking "We just dropped down a slot in the draft... or two... or three!" Crap. But YES! We finally played well! But Crap. Oh, the dilemma...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP