My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

A tribute...















When I think of the Pro Bowl, I think of my kids playing NFL on xbox or playstation. Except, you can play whomever you want on your your favorite team. Kind of like Fantasy Football just a lot more meaningless.

This year I do have one exception to that meaningless statement. London Fletcher.

This guy is nothing short of amazing both on and off the field and it looks like he is finally getting the recognition he deserves with both playing in the Pro Bowl and being nominated for the Payton Award.

If you ever want an example of a true team leader, a role model, this guy is your man.

Just some little info from Wikipedia...

High School: won varsity letters in football and basketball. He played on two state championship basketball teams.

College: played both basketball and football. As a senior, he had 202 tackles (a school-record) and was named the Division III National Linebacker of the Year.

Professional: He was one of the two rookie free agents to make Rams’ opening day roster, he played in all 16 regular season games, starting the season finale at San Francisco. Fletcher earned the Rams Rookie of the Year Award as teams’ Rookie of the Year

Bills
on Bills defense, setting a career high and franchise record with 209 tackles, breaking the old mark of 206 set by Chris Spielman in 1996[1]. He also was selected as a Pro Bowl alternate eight times.

Redskins
Nominated as their Walter Payton Man of the Year Award representative.

Named co-winner of the B.J. Blanchard Award, along with quarterback Jason Campbell, an honor given annually to a Redskins player who best helps the local media.

Fletcher once considered himself the NFL version of Susan Lucci, who won a Daytime Emmy after 18 tries.

Though Susan Lucci never hit like this...



Or like this...



Or breakup pass plays like this...



2 comments:

That Damn Sam January 31, 2010 at 7:13 PM  

Fully agreed on Fletcher - in fact I mentioned him in one of my blogs earlier this week. Not sure about the McKinnie comment here. I've got the exact same the comment from the same source. Could it be a bot??

Doug January 31, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

Wow, my first bot. Though I thought verification words took care of that....

But you still have one up on me with your Japanese/Chinese/Korean what ever symbols

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP