My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

LaVar

I read the other day that LaVar Arrington is going to be a Washington Post Sports Writer and be joining the ranks of Dan Steinberg, Jason Reid, Mike Wise, and Mike Wilbon.

In fact, LaVar referred to them as the "Dream Team" of the literary sports world.

Now, don't get me wrong. I believe that LaVar was one of the most talented players to ever roam on the defensive side of the line. And since then he has been successful with running a restaurant and hosting a popular radio talk show.

He has never been one to be short of words or left with a moment without 'something' to say. Just read / listen to one of his rants against Clinton Portis ...

It's just that he never struck me as man for and of the written word.

In fact, there was once much fanfare about his knowledge and ability to even read a playbook.

But maybe I am being overly harsh and pre-judging him unfairly.

Perhaps the Post even had him take some sort of test?

Like, blogging 300 words in 70 seconds ...

twice ...

We'll have to see how he performs with the rest of the dream team.

1 comments:

Gimpdiggity August 5, 2010 at 11:35 PM  

Speaking of a test...did you see that four million year old Mike Golic with both of his bum knees managed to do the conditioning test that the $100 Million Man Al can't do??

Amazing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP