My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Wait and C

Not that anybody cares but here is how our draft broke down went.

As I mentioned previously, our draft – as always – never seems to go by way of any mock draft that I am ever in.

I give myself a C because, well, I just waited too long for some of my picks...

We also had keepers this year for the first time, but not everybody selected one. This means some got to draft in the first round.

I basically traded DeAngelo or DeSean for Turner who could become a legitimate keeper for next year . . .

Round: 1
(1) Right Wingers - Peyton Manning QB (KEEPER)
(2) I've been OG'd - Ray Rice RB
(3) Carlsbad Equis - Tom Brady QB
(4) DC Lions - Chris Johnson RB (KEEPER)
(5) Raven Mad - Aaron Rodgers QB (KEEPER)
(6) Team Gunnz - Steven Jackson RB
** (7) The Fun Bunch - Michael Turner RB
(8) Poway Unemployables - Miles Austin WR (KEEPER)
(9) Team Brechwald - Drew Brees QB (KEEPER)
(10) VA Gamblers - Adrian Peterson RB (KEEPER)
(11) Brett Favre's Return - Matt Schaub QB
(12) Team Edumucation - Maurice Jones-Drew RB (KEEPER)


I never expected Schaub to go in the first round. And who knew Miles was such a stud?

Round: 2
(13) Right Wingers - Frank Gore RB
(14) I've been OG'd - Andre Johnson WR
(15) Carlsbad Equis - Ryan Mathews RB
(16) DC Lions - Tony Romo QB
(17) Raven Mad - Randy Moss WR
(18) Team Gunnz - Philip Rivers QB
** (19) The Fun Bunch - DeSean Jackson WR
(20) Poway Unemployables - DeAngelo Williams RB
(21) Team Brechwald - Larry Fitzgerald WR
(22) VA Gamblers - Joe Flacco QB
(23) Brett Favre's Return - Reggie Wayne WR
(24) Team Edumucation - Eli Manning QB


So, not only do I lose out on my potential 2nd and 3rd rounds QB selections in Romo and Schaub, but I see both my players from last year available. I picked DeSean simply because we count return yards and TD’s in this league and with that factored in, he is potentially more valuable than Williams. IMHO. Besides, I was hoping to “double up” later on with the Phili defense. Poway took Williams with the very next pick and yet two more potential QB’s on my list off the board early. Arrrgh!

Round: 3
(25) Team Edumucation - Rashard Mendenhall RB
(26) Brett Favre's Return - Shonn Greene RB
(27) VA Gamblers - Brandon Marshall WR
(28) Team Brechwald - Ryan Grant RB
(29) Poway Unemployables - Cedric Benson RB
** (30) The Fun Bunch - Jamaal Charles RB
(31) Team Gunnz - Marion Barber RB
(32) Raven Mad - Pierre Thomas RB
(33) DC Lions - Calvin Johnson WR
(34) Carlsbad Equis - Steve Smith WR
(35) I've been OG'd - Roddy White WR
(36) Right Wingers - Dallas Clark TE


Charles was quite frankly the only really good one left on my list deserving a top 3 pick. Picks 26 – 29 saw to that . . . Again :-(

Round: 4
(37) Right Wingers - Steve Smith WR
(38) I've been OG'd - Beanie Wells RB
(39) Carlsbad Equis - Greg Jennings WR
(40) DC Lions - Knowshon Moreno RB
(41) Raven Mad - Marques Colston WR
(42) Team Gunnz - Chad Ochocinco WR
** (43) The Fun Bunch - Anquan Boldin WR
(44) Poway Unemployables - LeSean McCoy RB
(45) Team Brechwald - Jets D/ST D/ST
(46) VA Gamblers - Jonathan Stewart RB
(47) Brett Favre's Return - Joseph Addai RB
(48) Team Edumucation - Mike Sims-Walker WR


This was a tough decision round for me I had picks 38 , 44 , 46, and 48 in addition to my actual pick of Anquan Boldin. I probably was still annoyed that Flacco was gone and could not double up. Again, I was torn between a RB and a WR. Since I had two RB’s already . . . WR.

Round: 5
(49) Team Edumucation - Percy Harvin WR
(50) Brett Favre's Return - Jermichael Finley TE
(51) VA Gamblers - Matt Forte RB
(52) Team Brechwald - Ronnie Brown RB
(53) Poway Unemployables - Antonio Gates TE
** (54) The Fun Bunch - Jahvid Best RB
(55) Team Gunnz - Fred Jackson RB
(56) Raven Mad - Brandon Jacobs RB
(57) DC Lions - Michael Crabtree WR
(58) Carlsbad Equis - Ricky Williams RB
(59) I've been OG'd - Vernon Davis TE
(60) Right Wingers - Nate Kaeding K


Round 5 . . Hmmm good round to start fishing . . Do I go for a good backup / bookend or potential future keeper material. I picked potential.

Round: 6
(61) Right Wingers - Justin Forsett RB
(62) I've been OG'd - Hines Ward WR
(63) Carlsbad Equis - Eagles D/ST D/ST
(64) DC Lions - C.J. Spiller RB
(65) Raven Mad - Tony Gonzalez TE
(66) Team Gunnz - Dwayne Bowe WR
** (67) The Fun Bunch - Matt Ryan QB
(68) Poway Unemployables - Donald Driver WR
(69) Team Brechwald - Felix Jones RB
(70) VA Gamblers - Wes Welker WR
(71) Brett Favre's Return - Carson Palmer QB
(72) Team Edumucation - Brent Celek TE


This is exactly the round I planned to pick up my “double” on DeSean !!! Double Arrrgh !!! All the best QB’s were gone and I just knew it was only a matter of time before another round of QB taking got underway so I went fishing for one of my two QB’s.

Round: 7
(73) Team Edumucation - Mike Wallace WR
(74) Brett Favre's Return - Clinton Portis RB
(75) VA Gamblers - T.J. Houshmandzadeh WR
(76) Team Brechwald - Vincent Jackson WR
(77) Poway Unemployables - Jeremy Maclin WR
** (78) The Fun Bunch - Hakeem Nicks WR
(79) Team Gunnz - Pierre Garcon WR
(80) Raven Mad - Donovan McNabb QB
(81) DC Lions - Jason Witten TE
(82) Carlsbad Equis - Jerome Harrison RB
(83) I've been OG'd - Brett Favre QB
(84) Right Wingers - Packers D/ST D/ST


I had Maclin, Nicks , Garcon and Harrison lined up for this round. All my top TE’s were gone by this time. I thought I could get Harrison next round. :-(

Round: 8
(85) Right Wingers - Jay Cutler QB
(86) I've been OG'd - Santana Moss WR
(87) Carlsbad Equis - Arian Foster RB
(88) DC Lions - Ravens D/ST D/ST
(89) Raven Mad - Cowboys D/ST D/ST
(90) Team Gunnz - Kellen Winslow TE
** (91) The Fun Bunch - 49ers D/ST D/ST
(92) Poway Unemployables - Reggie Bush RB
(93) Team Brechwald - Patrick Willis LB
(94) VA Gamblers - Owen Daniels TE
(95) Brett Favre's Return - Visanthe Shiancoe TE
(96) Team Edumucation - Stephen Gostkowski K


OK with everyone seeming steeling my picks out from under me I queued up the ESPN filter for Just D/ST and saw Ravens and Cowboys. I was looking for Ravens. Arrgh! - Then Cowboys - gone too ! Another Arrrgh ! So, I jumped on the Defense picking spree before it was too late and picked the 9rs.

Round: 9
(97) Team Edumucation - Steelers D/ST D/ST
(98) Brett Favre's Return - Steve Breaston WR
(99) VA Gamblers - Jon Beason LB
(100) Team Brechwald - Ahmad Bradshaw RB
(101) Poway Unemployables - Kevin Kolb QB
** (102) The Fun Bunch - Chris Cooley TE
(103) Team Gunnz - Michael Bush RB
(104) Raven Mad - Darren Sproles RB
(105) DC Lions - Bernard Berrian WR
(106) Carlsbad Equis - Mark Sanchez QB
(107) I've been OG'd - Braylon Edwards WR
(108) Right Wingers - Zach Miller TE


Cooley was, IMHO, a good pickup here this far down.

Round: 10
(109) Right Wingers - Robert Meachem WR
(110) I've been OG'd - Thomas Jones RB
(111) Carlsbad Equis - Lee Evans WR
(112) DC Lions - David Harris LB
(113) Raven Mad - Derrick Mason WR
(114) Team Gunnz - Santonio Holmes WR
** (115) The Fun Bunch - David Akers K
(116) Poway Unemployables - Darren McFadden RB
(117) Team Brechwald - Terrell Owens WR
(118) VA Gamblers - Vikings D/ST D/ST
(119) Brett Favre's Return - Dez Bryant WR
(120) Team Edumucation - Laurent Robinson WR


Don’t ask me why but yes I picked Akers over Owens and Bryant. I guess I just wanted to round out my starting lineup. But probably should have gone after one of the RB’s in 11 and 12.

Round: 11
(121) Team Edumucation - James Laurinaitis LB
(122) Brett Favre's Return - Steve Slaton RB
(123) VA Gamblers - Johnny Knox WR
(124) Team Brechwald - Donald Brown RB
(125) Poway Unemployables - Cadillac Williams RB
** (126) The Fun Bunch - Barrett Ruud LB
(127) Team Gunnz - Tim Hightower RB
(128) Raven Mad - Ryan Longwell K
(129) DC Lions - Toby Gerhart RB
(130) Carlsbad Equis - LaDainian Tomlinson RB
(131) I've been OG'd - Chester Taylor RB
(132) Right Wingers - Devery Henderson WR


Looking to get one of the best DP still available before others get taking off the boards . . .

Round: 12
(133) Right Wingers - Bernard Pollard S
(134) I've been OG'd - Ben Roethlisberger QB
(135) Carlsbad Equis - Montario Hardesty RB
(136) DC Lions - Bengals D/ST D/ST
(137) Raven Mad - Curtis Lofton LB
(138) Team Gunnz - Devin Aromashodu WR
** (139) The Fun Bunch - Chad Henne QB
(140) Poway Unemployables - Austin Collie WR
(141) Team Brechwald - Laurence Maroney RB
(142) VA Gamblers - Vince Young QB
(143) Brett Favre's Return - Marshawn Lynch RB
(144) Team Edumucation - Mario Manningham WR


Time to start thinking about another QB, Henne or Vince. I picked Henne.

Round: 13
(145) Team Edumucation - Eric Weddle S
(146) Brett Favre's Return - Chargers D/ST D/ST
(147) VA Gamblers - Paul Posluszny LB
(148) Team Brechwald - Willis McGahee RB
(149) Poway Unemployables - Correll Buckhalter RB
** (150) The Fun Bunch - Kenny Britt WR
(151) Team Gunnz - Kevin Smith RB
(152) Raven Mad - Josh Cribbs WR
(153) DC Lions - Mason Crosby K
(154) Carlsbad Equis - Nate Burleson WR
(155) I've been OG'd - Leon Washington RB
(156) Right Wingers - Louis Murphy WR


This is another one I probably wish I had back. With return yards counting I should have picked Cribbs. He did well for me last year, but like many mock drafts. Half of them never even picked him. :-(

Round: 14
(157) Right Wingers - Rob Bironas K
(158) I've been OG'd - Saints D/ST D/ST
(159) Carlsbad Equis - Bernard Scott RB
(160) DC Lions - Golden Tate WR
(161) Raven Mad - Kevin Walter WR
(162) Team Gunnz - Jared Allen DE
** (163) The Fun Bunch - Josh Morgan WR
(164) Poway Unemployables - Jerricho Cotchery WR
(165) Team Brechwald - Greg Olsen TE
(166) VA Gamblers - Mohamed Massaquoi WR
(167) Brett Favre's Return - DeMarcus Ware LB
(168) Team Edumucation - Joey Galloway WR


Looking for rounding out and backing up at this point.

Round: 15
(169) Team Edumucation - Matthew Stafford QB
(170) Brett Favre's Return - Early Doucet WR
(171) VA Gamblers - Garrett Hartley K
(172) Team Brechwald - Rashad Jennings RB
(173) Poway Unemployables - D.J. Williams LB
** (174) The Fun Bunch - Anthony Dixon RB
(175) Team Gunnz - Matt Prater K
(176) Raven Mad - Eddie Royal WR
(177) DC Lions - Kevin Boss TE
(178) Carlsbad Equis - David Buehler K
(179) I've been OG'd - Jay Feely K
(180) Right Wingers - Brian Westbrook RB


Dixon has been doing well and Frankie baby may not be able to last the whole season. Too bad he is 3rd on the depth chart but hey, ya never know.

Round: 16
(181) Right Wingers - Heath Miller TE
(182) I've been OG'd - David Garrard QB
(183) Carlsbad Equis - Mike Williams WR
(184) DC Lions - Devin Hester WR
(185) Raven Mad - Bears D/ST D/ST
(186) Team Gunnz - Robbie Gould K
** (187) The Fun Bunch - Dexter McCluster WR
(188) Poway Unemployables - Broncos D/ST D/ST
(189) Team Brechwald - John Carlson TE
(190) VA Gamblers - Charles Woodson CB
(191) Brett Favre's Return - Kris Brown K
(192) Team Edumucation - Dustin Keller TE


Hey, little speedy McCluster is still here . . .

Round: 17
(193) Team Edumucation - Chris Chambers WR
(194) Brett Favre's Return - Redskins D/ST D/ST
(195) VA Gamblers - Jabar Gaffney WR
(196) Team Brechwald - Jason Campbell QB
(197) Poway Unemployables - Julius Jones RB
** (198) The Fun Bunch - Javon Ringer RB
(199) Team Gunnz - Kareem Huggins RB
(200) Raven Mad - Todd Heap TE
(201) DC Lions - Alex Smith QB
(202) Carlsbad Equis - Trent Cole DE
(203) I've been OG'd - Mario Williams DE
(204) Right Wingers - Giants D/ST D/ST


Not that I am hoping Chris gets hurt, but . . .

I also thought about picking up potentially another double D/ST here as in Cleveland/AKA Cribbs but I need more RB’s and it just was not worth picking up a D/ST just to sit on the bench. Yes, I am really pissed disappointed in losing out on all my doubles. :-(

Round: 18
(205) Right Wingers - Ray Lewis LB
(206) I've been OG'd - Tashard Choice RB
(207) Carlsbad Equis - Jeremy Shockey TE
(208) DC Lions - London Fletcher LB
(209) Raven Mad - Sammy Morris RB
(210) Team Gunnz - Patriots D/ST D/ST
** (211) The Fun Bunch - Chaz Schilens WR
(212) Poway Unemployables - Lawrence Tynes K
(213) Team Brechwald - Jeff Reed K
(214) VA Gamblers - Matt Hasselbeck QB
(215) Brett Favre's Return - Devin Thomas WR
(216) Team Edumucation - Malcom Floyd WR


Sorry Chaz, but you get to be my Mr. Irrelevant . . . Make me proud!
Once you recover from your injury that is . . .

So there you have it in all its glory and horror. The good, the bad and the ugly.
All in all not a bad draft but it could have been better. I actually think we have some really competitive teams here this year and it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP