My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

By The Numbers

Totally unrelated to Fumbled Returns but here are my annual physical numbers now and 30 + months ago, since I took my diet and health resolutions:

Yes, I did say annual and 30 months...

pre-2008

Age: 45
Height: 6-1
Weight: 230 lbs
BP Range: 130-140 over 85-95
Glucose: 80 (but tolerance test indicated hypoglycemic or is it hyper? It is the one when it keeps dropping instead of leveling off)
Cholesterol: 230
Triglycerides: 150
LDL: 130
HDL: 60

2010

Age: 48
Still 6-1
Weight: 190 lbs (I actually did get down to 180 but wine and yogurt deserts have not helped lately)
BP Range: 120-130 over 70-90
Glucose: 76 (no tolerance test this time - I swore I'd never take another one again)
Cholesterol: 190
Triglycerides: 67
LDL: 108
HDL: 62

And yes there are a whole bunch of other numbers associated with my blood work but all those were always in the normal ranges. The ones I wrote above are the only ones worth mentioning.

My doc is probably 10 years younger than me and he says my numbers are better than his. I don't believe him but I'll take the complement.

He actually started going through a whole laundry list of generalized symptoms looking for something that was wrong. He even asked me even if I wanted something to help with possible allergy sinus headaches (which I almost never get).

Last time, because of my not so good numbers, he threatened me with statins and the possibility of diabetes and blood pressure medication.

This time he had nothin.

I almost feel sorry for him.

NOT.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP