My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Can you hear me now...










So, a while ago I got a HD radio for my car. I got it mostly because the CD in my other radio broke.

Well, one of the features this new radio has is the ability to connect to a Bluetooth device (with an optional adapter of course).

So the other week, one of my co-workers went on spending spree and bought a whole bunch of Apple products like a Mac and iPhone. The mac I could understand because she is going back to college and her current computer is probably older than mine. The iPhone was a surprise to me. Needless to say both are really nice to have and hardly a day goes by that she does not come in all giddy about some new feature, or app, that she discovered with either her mac, or iPhone, or both.

But anyway, one day she comes in and is raving about how she has done the coolest little thing with her iPhone. It connects up with her Prius radio and she can talk and listen to phone calls through her car audio system.

This gets me to thinking that I have been meaning to do the same with my phone and radio. So I hop online and take a look for the optional adapter that is required to do this.

Wow! it is almost as expensive as the new radio was in the first place.
So I hop on over to e-bay and take a look and low and behold someone has a used one for auction. I put it on my watch list and 3 days later jump in with 20sec left and make a bid. I won! :-) And it only cost me about 1/2 the price! :-) :-)

So, I have installed the adapter, sync'd up my phone, and can now receive and make calls with my car radio!

Cool!

1 comments:

Gimpdiggity August 27, 2009 at 11:07 PM  

That's cool Doug.

I had a Bluetooth headset for my phone, but I really didn't like the way I felt with it on.

If I actually used my cell phone for anything other than checking sports scores, I would install a hands free kit in the car. But I use my phone for maybe about 20 minutes worth of calls on average every month...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP