My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Candlepin













So I've been up in balmy New Hampshire most of this week and totally enjoying the 40+ degrees and NO SNOW. Funny that if I want to see snow I can see more of it in Virginia than here in Nashua.

One night this week we went out for a "Team Building" event. Seems that just about the only fun thing to do in NH is bowl... Thing is they have their own version of bowling which, as I found out, seems to have originated in Canada.

This bowling is called Candlepin. It is kind of a cross between duck pin and domino's. You get 3 shots, use pins which look like sticks and smaller balls.

The pins do not have the same action as normal 10 pin and once you knock them down you leave the "dead wood" on the lanes for the rest of the frame. This really makes it interesting to try and get the other pins.

You may think from the way I am talking that we candle pin'd for our team building event but we did not. Seems nobody really wanted to try something new. So we all went 10 pin bowling, which was fun. We set it up as a round robin type of format where after each game we matched people up in lanes based on scores.

Not that I am tooting my own horn or anything but I did manage to stay in the top three (first lane) for the first two games. After that I kind of fell off the pace a bit and spent the last two games in the second group of 3.

All in all my week here has been a good one, but next time I really want to try candle pin.

1 comments:

Alex March 4, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

"nobody wanted to try something new"- wow- adventurous bunch you've got there ;-)
Maybe they figured that since it originated in Canada it would be just too extreme a sport for them- you know like curling......

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP