My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Microphones

OK, so last week my wife and I were watching the TV show Brothers and Sisters.
I am not a big fan of this show and quite frankly sometimes neither is my wife, but for some reason she finds it strangely compelling.

Anyway, there was this scene where two women did a skit at a party, forgot to turn off the microphones and proceeded to have an argument about something back stage which ended up being broadcast for everyone to hear.

I made a comment that I bet this happens more often than one might think and really did not give it much more thought until I started looking for a topic for Fun Strip Fridays this week.

My first entry into this topic comes from PCWORLD and Top 10 Tech Embarrassments You'll Want to Avoid

Christopher Buttner, founder of PRThatRocks in Northern California, had just finished a two-hour speaking engagement in front of a large university crowd when he dashed off to the loo for a long-awaited respite. With his wireless microphone still on.
"I had to go so badly that when I made it to the urinal, I let out an incredibly loud moan of pleasure, augmented by the sound of streaming water on water," he writes. "The wireless lavalier mic I was wearing was still broadcasting live through the PA system in the lecture hall. My lecture, and subsequent moment of relief, was also being recorded."
When he returned to the hall, Buttner received a standing ovation. And, apparently, immortality. "I think my moaning sound sample, and various water-on-water audio clips, are used in a sound library somewhere at a major digital recording institute in Northern California," he says.
How to avoid having this happen to you: If you can't remember to unclip the mic, be sure to strap on a Motorman's Friend.



And last but certainly not least, a CNN reporter forgets to turn off her microphone at a press conference as she takes a break.

1 comments:

Gimpdiggity May 8, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

This "forgot the mic" thing was a very funny segment in the very first episode of "30 Rock."

That part alone got me hooked on the show!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP