My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Well Done











Yesterday I went to see the latest Star Trek Movie, not because it was Mothers Day weekend, nor because I am a Trekkie (which I am), but because my oldest daughter thinks that Chris Pine is SOOOOO HOT.

She and her friends needed a ride and I was available to play Mr. Mom; so off we went.

Many months ago when I first heard they were going to release yet another Star Trek film; I too was one of the folks saying "oh no, not another star trek film".

Let me just say that there are probably two types of people and reviews for this film. Those who hate it, and those who love it. For those of you who are Die Hard Kirk and Roddenberry fans of the original series, hated Deep Space Nine and all the other spin-offs that seemed to spawn off of this series. You will probably hate it.

If you are like me and able to put the original out of your mind, temporarily, and look at it fresh, as they did with this film, then you will probably like it.
I tend to fall into the second category. After all, I actually liked it when Queen came back on tour with Paul Rodgers. And I was skeptical then too.

It's not the same Star Trek, the casting is perhaps not as completely good as the original, but good enough, and most importantly the movie is intended to be just that; a completely different perspective, here's a hint... "a different reality", than the original. Oh and the special effects are totally out-of-this-world, as they should be ;-)

JJ Abrams and the rest of the writers, crew and casting do a very commendable job.

All in all; Well Done!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  May 10, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

Chris Pine is hot. He made the movie. His face was the special effect.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP