My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Night Football














As many of you probably have heard by now, Tony Kornheiser will no longer be in the booth for MNF.

When Madden retired, I suggested that they hold weekly contests and have a guest announcer each week. I still think that this is a good idea.

HOWEVER....

I now have an even better one...

Today one of the hyped stories of the internet was the BBQ Mannequin in Ohio that has boosted sales by as much as 40%.

Here is a video, just in case you missed it.



So, with that in mind, they should have the Mannequin as the 3rd announcer in the booth!












Pros:

- For the folks who can't stand even more nonesensical commentary, she will not say all that much.

- For the folks who want a different guest each week. Just add a different wig, and outfit. Trust me, we watch for the football... ;-) In fact there are probably some out there who wouldn't even notice that it is the same mannequin each week...

- Production costs would be cut by 33%. She wouldn't ask for a salary.

- If the BBQ results are any indication, ratings will go through the roof.

- For those who want a different perspective or point of view that only a female could bring to the sport... She's got that in plenty.

- Mike Tirico and Ron Jaworski will have even bigger smiles on their faces.


Cons:

- Honestly, I can't think of any....

2 comments:

That Damn Sam May 18, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

You forgot to mention she also knows a lot more about football than Kornheiser!

Gimpdiggity May 18, 2009 at 11:01 PM  

I am SO glad that Kornheiser is gone. He was, quite simply, the worst announcer that I've ever had to deal with. He made Dennis Miller seem good.

My wife can attest to how much I hated him...as evidenced by the shouting that I would be doing while watching the game. She would come in and say "What team is doing what?" And I would reply "They aren't doing anything...I'm yelling at that **************** idiot Kornheiser!!!"

How much do we want to wager that his "fear of flying" is code for "got fired."

I like to think I had a little part of this, seeing as every week of the season I sent a hateful e-mail to ESPN about him.

Good riddance.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP