My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

The AFL Eight!










This season marks the 50th season for the eight original American Football League teams. As part of the celebration, the eight original AFL teams will wear historic uniforms during Legacy Games.

Over the course of the next week, I will be featuring something special on each team. But to kick things off, listed below are the legacy uniforms the NFL has come up with for each team.

Which one do you like the best?



Buffalo Bills 1965 AFL Championship season:
White helmet featuring a simple red buffalo.











Denver Broncos 1960 season:
Brown and yellow uniform; brown helmet.











Kansas City Chiefs (Dallas Texans) 1962 AFL Championship season:
Red and white uniform; red helmet featuring an outline of the state of Texas (played in Dallas 1960-62 before moving to Kansas City).











New England Patriots (Boston Patriots) 1963 divisional championship season:
White helmet featuring the original Patriot logo.












New York Jets (Titans of New York) 1961 season:
Gold and navy uniforms; navy helmet.











Oakland Raiders 1963 season: White (away) jersey features silver numbers outlined in black; silver helmet with original Raiders logo.











San Diego Chargers 1963 AFL Championship season:
White pants with yellow bolt down legs.











Tennessee Titans (Houston Oilers) 1960 season:
Blue and white jersey with red accents; blue helmet with derrick logo (played in Houston 1960-96 before moving to Tennessee).


2 comments:

Gimpdiggity July 20, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

Got to go with the Oilers.

By the way, as a side note, Doug, the blog has gotten really difficult to read. The colors of the background and the text are so similar that on my laptop I literally have to highlight text in order to see it. May want to try something a bit different!!

Gimpdiggity July 20, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

Doug, the blog is working again for me.

I don't know why, but for some reason on both my computers at home for the last few days it wasn't loading the "football field" background. It was just showing up white!! I cleared out all my cookies and now it's working again. Sorry about that!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP