My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Kings Dominion

Saturday was our companies annual picnic at Kings Dominion.

Of course after a summer of fairly mild temperatures, yesterday had to be the hottest day of the year so far!!!

90+ degrees and a lot of humidity !!!



But, thankfully Kings Dominion has plenty of rides that are in the shade and a water park and a Log Flume
















At one point we went up their 1/3 replica of the Eiffel Tower. Even at 1/3 the height, we get a great view of the park and surrounding area. And on a hot day, such as yesterday, the elevator has AC and there was a really good breeze at the top which was nice and cool!




Here is the newest thrill ride "The Dominator" which opened last year and is billed as the longest "floorless" roller coaster and has the largest loop!

















Of course the lines were insane and it is not in the shade so we did not try this one. Maybe next year it will rain...

Here we have the ever popular Volcano !















It opened a few years ago and still get 2+ hour lines. My oldest daughter and I went on this the year it opened. My opinion is that no ride is worth a 2 hour wait, except the for the first one.
With the Volcano, one is hurled 155 feet upwards in a hanging inverted position reaching speeds of up to 70 miles per hour and pulling over 4 G's.

But, if you are like me, nothing beats the good ol' fashion wood roller coaster. And Kings Dominion has 3 of the best.

First, and definitely the one which will jostle you the most is the Grizzly!



Next is the Hurler!

This video is hilarious because the guy who took it accidentally hit the zoom feature on his camera. I am including it only because I nearly fell off my chair laughing!!!
It really is a great ride!



And last but certainly not least is the classic Rebel Yell!
A double coaster where one can go forwards or backwards!


All in all a good day at the park which was enjoyed by all!!!

1 comments:

Gimpdiggity July 27, 2009 at 2:53 AM  

Looks like a cool park, Doug.

If you ever get a chance and really like roller coasters, you need to go to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio.

It's quite simply the best roller coaster park on the planet. I've been to quite a few, and I am very lucky to have Cedar Point be about the closest one to me, because it's by far the best!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP