My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Happy Birthday

As many of you are aware, during the preseason, and even the regular season, Heck during just about any time of the year; one can be asked "so, who is your favorite football player?"

Now today is one of those special days, at least in my particular view of sports history, for one of the more special running backs in NFL history.

My selection for favorite football player always flip flops between Sonny Jurgensen and the running back I am about to mention. Probably because these two players, on my favorite hometown team, where two of the first players to make me go "Wow" as a kid.

So, now I have narrowed it down to quite a bit.
The person I am talking about is:
A Running Back.
Was Born September 19th.
Played for the Washington Redskins.

Any Guesses?

Lawrence "Larry" Brown, Jr. (born September 19, 1947 in Clairton, Pennsylvania).



He was the first back I saw who seemed to literally run through or over defenders, sometimes hurdling players (in a single bound) and was known for his tenacity and reckless abandon for the game.

Yes, there are other, perhaps more famous running backs who did the same things he did, but he was the first I saw and can remember. In fact, to this day, I remember the Philly game, and the play, that he went over 1000 yards for the year.

Back then, truly remarkable!

Here are some videos of him from YouTube...







1 comments:

That Damn Sam September 19, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

Very cool. Let's hear it for old school!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP