My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Origins

This week we celebrated my oldest daughter’s confirmation. It was a wonderful event filled with excitement, celebration, good food, good friends and good stories.

One of the better stories was told by the bishop who was visiting from Juneau Alaska.

It goes something like this . . .

A little girl asked her father, “Daddy, where did human beings come from?”
Her father said, “Well, a long time ago, God created Adam and Eve. And Adam and Eve had children, and then their children had children, and so on, and so on, and that is how you and I came into being.”

A few days later, the same little girl was helping her mother with chores, and as children often do (play questions and answers off of each parent) asked her mother the same question.

Her mom said, “Well, a long time ago, there were these monkeys, who evolved, into other types of primates, who kept evolving and so on, and so on, until eventually becoming humans as we know them today. And that is how you and I came into being.”

The little girl was truly shocked and amazed by this answer and went running to find her father.

“Daddy! Remember when I asked you the other day where we came from, and you said we came from God?”

“Yes”, said her father.

“Well, I just asked Mommy the same question and she said Monkeys! How can that be?”

“Oh” said the father. “Well, that’s easy to explain.”

“You see, when you asked me where we came from, I naturally thought about my side of the family.”

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP