My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 1, 2009

June Watch Lists

Ok, so after a disastrous month of May; due mostly to me not following my own game plan; I have come up with a group of stocks for the month of June.

As I went through the list of potential picks, I noticed that stocks were falling into two basic groups.

One: testing support and or resistance levels.
Two: showing signs of common trading patterns.

Support and resistance levels can sometimes be difficult to predict and trade against, especially if no other signaling patterns are present or news of interest are present. And I found this to be frustratingly true in many cases.

In regard to trading patterns; I noticed a couple noteworthy.

Although many stocks showed variations of these, I am only including one stock chart pattern (MVL) because it happens to easily show many classic patterns.









“W” patterns: Are usually reversal patterns and can be set up in a couple different ways. The reversal pattern was set up with a strong downward trend or triangle which bounced off the support level, rose into the first leg to the midpoint of the W pattern; which was followed by the a second bounce off of the support level.

“Pennant and Flag” patterns: The first break out point was the rising pennant / flag pattern which topped about the midpoint of the W pattern. The second breakout point was set up by a more extended rising flag pattern which was set at the previous high starting point of the overall W reversal.

"Cup Handle": There is another pattern which can be seen here, actually twice, and that is a cup and handle. One could argue that the previously mentioned W pattern with the second breakout point is one cup handle. And a much larger one which started at the beginning of the chart and we are now in the “handle” part.

So, what is it going to do next?

I hate these patterns when they set up at or near a 52 week range, which this is close to being.

If you look at the overall pattern since the first breakout, it seems to be following a classic pattern of rising pennants. And some might argue that the current smaller W pattern is nothing more than another "flag" pattern.

I would look for really good strong volume to break past the current W / handle pattern it is currently in.

Once it significantly does this above 33.5/34 range I think it could pop up to the actual 52 week high of 38.50.

So, here are some quick notes I made regarding my other picks.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP