My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 28, 2010

The Versatile Blogger

Well, those wacky bloggers out there have tagged me yet again for another award. It is so nice to be a recognized award winning blogger!

Yippee.

I was nominated by my lovely and talented wife Alexandra, Alex for short (see abbrev below)

The qualifications and rules for this prestigious award are simple.

Rule #1: Thank the person who gave you the award.
- I kind of already did that but hey, here goes the official statement...
- A great big thank you to my wife for sending me this totally unbiased award!
I am grateful for everything you do and bring into my life.

You can check out her wonderful blog here at Hope and Greyz.

Rule #2: Post seven things about yourself.
- I'm going to do this a little bit differently than most by posting my equivalent version to what Alex wrote.

1)------------------------------
Alex: I was born and raised in Yonkers, New York ( pronounced - Yon-kuz ;-P)

Me: I was born in DC but lived in MD. Yes we abbrev everything here.

2)------------------------------
Alex: My DH (Darling Husband) Doug and I will have been married 22 years this July.

Me: I call her Dorris, or Buttons or Yes Dear...

3)------------------------------
Alex: We have been blessed with 5 healthy, brilliant, gorgeous, children- ranging in age from 4 years old to 21. ( & No, I am not biased, I'm just sharing the facts :-)

Me: Otherwise known as negative cash flow and tax deductions.

4)------------------------------
Alex: We adopted our Jack Russell- Beagle mix- Pepsi, on Super Bowl Sunday 2002.

Me: We named her after the empty soda can rolling around in the back seat. Good thing it wasn't a Coke can. BTW that was Super Bowl XXXVI (36) with the Patriots winning their first super bowl on an Adam Vinatieri field goal as time expired.
The other team was....

The Rams...

5)------------------------------
Alex: 4 weeks after we adopted her, (while on a walk) she was mauled by a neighbor's dog (a large shepherd mix) who had gotten loose. And required immediate surgery. 2 weeks later she was attacked again by the same dog. Those neighbors have since moved away.

Me: My daughter Alaina was walking her and now hates to take dogs on long walks around the neighborhood. The neighbors are actually fugitives on the run from the long arm of the law.

6)------------------------------
Alex: In July 2008, while researching dogs that might be able to tolerate a 28 pound Diva, with SEVERE large dog fear issues, my daughter Alaina discovered a retired racing greyhound rescue site. By August 2008 we had adopted Hero (racing name Star All Star), our 85 pound couch potato extraordinaire.

Me: Greyhounds are NOT your typical Dog.

7)------------------------------
Alex: Adopting Hero has changed my life in so many more ways than simply adding a four legged friend. Because of Hero we found Stowe and Maria's blog Halfway Home Hounds. (Stowe and Maria were Hero's foster family- for a few hours ;-)
Which led to my starting my own blog- this blog, which in turn led to my meeting Angela and Tracy from Treasure What You Have, which led to our fostering greyhounds for VAGA (and meeting all VAGA's other Greyt volunteers- including Michelle and Mitch). And so on, and so on...

Me: I'm still waiting for a real dog. Her blog led to my starting this blog and all those greyt greyhound folks means we now have even more people to party with!


Rule #3: (Bet you forgot the part about the rules of the award. Don't worry, this is the last one.)

Pass the award Along and everyone reading this needs to join my Fantasy Football Contest! I paraphrased... ;-)

First I am going to honor those who recently started following me because of the blog hop hosted by Life with Dogs. He gets a special mention too:

Here are my new pet followers...

Doogie the Wonder Pup
Lucky Pups
Margs Pets
Two Little Cavaliers

And speaking of Hops...
Here is a neat blog about all the wonderful products we can experience that just happen to be made with said ingredient.

The Hopback

And I could not end this without mentioning:

That Damn Sam
Gimps Wonderful Thoughts
The Mission

Until next time...

Be good. Do Well. Have Fun.

1 comments:

That Damn Sam May 28, 2010 at 11:40 PM  

Thanks for the plug, Doug... by the way, my wife and I are members of Minnesota Boxer Rescue - similar to your Greyhound rescue, just a different type of VLLD (very large lap dog). We abbreviate things in Minnesota, too. :-) Congratulations on your award!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP