My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

FIRST

OK, so the company I work for is sponsoring a bunch of teams for a robotics competition.

I and several of my colleagues have volunteered and helped sponsor high school kids from across the country.

What is First?
FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) is a unique varsity sport of the mind designed to help high-school-aged young people discover how interesting and rewarding the life of engineers and researchers can be.

The FIRST Robotics Competition challenges teams of young people and their mentors to solve a common problem in a six-week time frame using a standard "kit of parts" and a common set of rules. Teams build robots from the parts and enter them in competitions designed by Dean Kamen, Dr. Woodie Flowers, and a committee of engineers and other professionals.

FIRST redefines winning for these students because they are rewarded for excellence in design, demonstrated team spirit, gracious professionalism and maturity, and the ability to overcome obstacles. Scoring the most points is a secondary goal. Winning means building partnerships that last.


FIRST is one of many brilliant ideas founded by Dean Kamen - President, DEKA Research and Development

Be sure to check out all the really cool projects they are working on.

So, to all the teams competing this week...
Congratulations and Good Luck !

If you want to check out some of the action, there are some web cast links here...

2 comments:

Gimpdiggity April 16, 2009 at 11:54 PM  

Man...robotics competitions freak me out.

Can you say "SkyNet."

Doug April 17, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

Ha, I believe that is one of our competitors systems!
Don't worry, I'm told it is here to help protect us...

;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP