My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Offense gets you to the playoffs...

Defense wins championships.

Unfortunately the Redskins need help in both areas.

Too bad one can't draft new owners and GM's in the Draft ;-)

After being totally stupid about how to treat your starting QB and flirting with sending every available pick you have to draft the latest eye candy, the Redskins ended up staying put and drafting one of the top players on their "We Need Help Here" charts.
















Actually both Orakpo (DE) and Oher (OT) were still on the board. I really was not expecting this and I bet neither were the Skins. I think they spent all of 20 seconds before turning in their pick. With Orakpo available and perhaps the best pass rusher out there, this was an easy pick.

What would have been interesting would have been to see what they would have done with Orakpo off the board. I would have picked Oher, but who knows what the skins would have done.

Hopefully they will at least pick up some OL with what few remaining picks they have today!

1 comments:

That Damn Sam April 26, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

I was secretly hoping the 'Skins would deal Jason Campbell to Minnesota. I figured if Danny didn't want him, the Vikes would gladly take him! Didn't happen.

I was surprised your team didn't address the offensive side of the ball until the 7th round. Snyder appears obsessed on D this year with the signing of Haynesworth, re-signing DeAngelo Hall, signing Reynaldo Wynn, and then spending the first four picks on defensive players. But like you said, defense wins championships. Actually, that's not true: GREAT defenses win championships!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP