My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Hype - for better or for worse...

This week we saw a lot happen in the media and news which generated... for better or for worse... "hype".

Here is one example...

GAY MARRIAGE !
At least she tried to answer the Question...















Carrie Prejean's is a Real Person...
Well, perhaps most of her...
OK, well some, at least...
Oh never mind...


Her answer to Perez Hilton's question was...
honestly tolerant...
honestly badly worded...
honestly straight...

Bravo to her for being so honest!

Too bad others wanted a Politically Correct (PC) non thinking answer...

Perez's question was "Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?"

His example of a PC answer would have started off as follows... (and I quote)
As a future Miss USA, it is my job not to be a politician but to be someone who represents and inspires the women and the troops...

To do what? Exactly...

Yeah, Yeah, we all know that they are not up there to be politicians, but why even bother to ask them what they think if you aren't going to want to hear their opinion?


Perhaps this would have been a better answer...
Well.... That is an important issue that people should address. And it is a difficult and controversial subject...
But I do want to say that I do love all animals.
Especially my dog Muffy.
And global warming is important too...
And.... OH! Yes! I pray for world peace...


It seems Perez Hilton would have preferred her to sell her soul and integrity for the crown!

But, Congratulations to the winner! Miss North Carolina!

2 comments:

That Damn Sam April 24, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

Wouldn't it be refreshing to hear one of them say, "You're outta your f**king mind if you think I'm touching that question." By the way, my co-worker's niece is Miss Minnesota. Not sure if I should brag about that or not?? Good luck to the 'Skins tomorrow (draft day).

Doug April 24, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

Good luck would be if we could draft a new owner and GM... ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP