My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

When Fresh is Stale...

I'm so bumbed...
I'm part of a dying breed...
I'm no longer a profitable demographic, except possibly for Geritol, and Grecian Formula...provide those of us who still have hair...
And here I was thinking of getting an HD radio for my car so I could take advantage of the added programing and quality of sound while listing to my favorite music on the radio...
Oh, and my CD player is old too and refuses to work when it is damp and cold outside...
But it also looks like the CD is going the way of 8 track, cassettes and vinyl...
So it loooks like I should get hip, (not as in replacement) and pony up for an ipod or something...except my radio does not have one of those inputs either...

Anyway, here is the writing on the wall...



94.7 FM Switches to Pop Format
Local radio listeners who missed the front page of Saturday's Washington Post were in for a rude awakening this morning. WTGB 94.7 "The Globe," D.C.'s last classic rock station, changed formats today. The station is now called 94.7 Fresh FM, and offers contemporary pop music programming like Maroon 5, Kelly Clarkson and John Mayer. The Post's story offers an appropriate lament for the demise of classic rock and further homogenization of the local radio landscape. Apart from the overall decline in radio audiences thanks to iPods and the like, it seems classic rock stations all over the country are struggling to interest advertisers due to their aging fan base. There was just no way for WTGB to end up back in black if it stuck with AC/DC.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP