My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.fumbledreturns.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Things I learned this past week...

Chinese symbol for knowledge




The Flu sucks. (I actually already knew this)

Our Family Practice sucks too. (Ditto on the knowledge thingy)

Seems they only give anti-viral medication (heck, just about any for that matter) to drug addicts, cancer patients, and enhanced athletes.
They call it their "high risk" policy.
Their best advice for folks/families who ALREADY HAVE THE FLU is to get a flu shot.
Never mind having kids (including a three year old) isn't risky enough already...

Speaking of high risk drugged athletes. . .
I heard that up to 12 players on the Cleveland Browns caught the flu and that the Browns were going to catch a break and be allowed a player roster exemption. . .

Nonsense! We all know the Browns can't catch!
Especially when it comes to anything related to pigskins...

The only thing worse than having the flu is having multiple people in the same family having it at the same time.

The only thing worse than having multiple family members sick at the same time is being sick with the flu at the same time as throwing out your back so you can't move.

There is a GOD.

Mercifully, he has spared me the worst of this last bit of knowledge for the moment, but I do still have the bad back and the start of a cough.

GOD has a sense of humor.
So it only hurts when I cough, or laugh...
I just know he is waiting until I get over the back thingy until I get what everybody else has.

We were actually torn on the whole flu shot thingy...

- Partly because of number 2 above...
- Partly because there is a part of me who believes in the pound of dirt theory...
- Partly because my wife and I see stuff like this on the news... and think once again about #2.
- Partly because it was only a few short years ago that I got my first flu shot ever, (my wife was either expecting and or we had a new born), but the flu shots that year were not for what ended up being the most prevalent variation and I got it anyway.

You probably are getting very tired of me RANTING . . .
Too Bad!

If my FF team (Santas Helpers) can pick a week to under achieve. They will.
As of right now I am 5 points behind and have two defensive players and Chris Cooley playing tonight.

If you take a chronically bad performing FF team (Pariahs) and decide to play spoiler and accept trades from others who go raiding, you actually might get a better team and start winning...
I now have Big Ben, AP, Sproles and Vincent Jackson.
As of right now I am amazingly 18 points ahead going into tonight.
I have Cooley (notice a pattern) and he has Maclin left to play.

I'll stop for now but I'll be back!

Promise.

In the meanwhile, Be Good. Do Well. Have Fun.

And stay away from evil medicine hoarding family practitioners!

3 comments:

Anonymous,  October 26, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

LOL!

good luck to your skins tonight, for the record, i'd like to see em stomp on the iggles!

That Damn Sam October 26, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

People are a little hysterical about the H1N1 virus, but it is nasty and it especially hits the little ones hard. There is a lot of misinformation going around about the H1N1 vaccine. I have gotten both the seasonal flu and H1N1 vaccine with no adverse side effects. I work in an ICU, so I am at very high risk for exposure... (that's my real job, believe it or not this football thing is just a fun hobby!). Not sure why your FP advised against the vaccine? The important thing is push the fluids. Drink, drink, drink as if you were in college again (minus the alcohol, of course). This bug comes with a high fever and little kids (especially) can get dehydrated very quickly and that's when you run into problems. Best of luck!

Gimpdiggity October 26, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

Man. Your luck seems to be mirroring that of the 'skins.

Hope you feel better.

P.S. Bad omen, the word verification right now is "eagle."

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Commentators

Widget by Blogger Tutorials

Fan Blogs

Links

Stocks Blog Directory Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online BittyBrowser Add to My AOL Convert RSS to PDF Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to netvibes My Zimbio
Top Stories
Review fumbledreturns.blogspot.com on alexa.com

First and Ten

Popular Posts Widget

Awards

Awards

Labels

About

My photo
It's all about two of my three favorite things! Sports and Stocks!

Visitors

My Blog Rankings !

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP